- ” I’ve worked with Agile in the past, but after this training I can see what was missing and why it was not successfully applied”
- “it was easy to relate to the exercises and see how they could be applied to our company”
- “great engaging”
- “A lot of interaction with instructor which helped a lot”
- “the labs were a great asset to learning the material”
Description Agile Scrum Training Ottawa
The Agile SDLC Boot Camp will teach participants the key concepts of Scrum and how to implement these concepts into an existing or future software project. The training will cover common obstacles and how to avoid them, for example, teams reverting back to traditional approaches. This course will also address how to successfully run a sprint at all stages of the process, from planning to retrospective. This course will help participants’ organizations create a high performance Scrum team within a short amount of time.
Our course instructors are Certified ScrumMasters and software architects who have spent their time in the trenches. For this reason, the course is able to provide opportunities for questions and shared experiences directly from the instructors experience. Examples include:
- Dispelling agile myths and demonstrating how planning and testing are integral to a successful agile Scrum implementation
- Scaling Scrum teams and facilitating “Scrum of Scrums”
- Handling problems with co-location
- Interfacing project management and program management
- Agile Fundamentals: Agile practices and principles; Defining iterative and incremental development.
- Scrum Fundamentals: Defining Scrum, Scrum roles and responsibilities, product backlog, sprint backlog, and user stories.
- Requirements: Identifying and writing good user stories; Evolution of sprint requirements; Evolution of project requirements.
- Project Initiation: Getting started: Creating initial product backlog.
- Estimation and Prioritization: Agile estimation overview; Variations of Agile estimation; Prioritization; Definition of “done”; Release planning.
- Planning a Sprint: Prioritization, define sprint goals, estimating with planning poker, task identification
- Running a Sprint: Conducting daily Scrum; Managing sprint scope; Tracking progress; Recognizing problems.
- Closing a Sprint: Conducting sprint review; Conducting sprint retrospective; Reporting project status; Updating the backlog; Closing the sprint.
- Managing the Product Backlog and Release Plan: Controlling changes.
The course delivery models an agile Scrum project and includes activities that further reinforce agile methodologies and practices. Daily scrums, demonstrations and retrospectives are integrated regularly in the course activities throughout the 2 days.
2 days 9:00am,-5:30pm.
Agile Training Ottawa Location
CTE Solutions Inc.
11 Holland Avenue, Suite 100, Tower A (Holland Cross Building at Holland and Scott, Tunney’s Pasture)
Or offered as a private course at your location.
Private offering is $6500 for up to 10 participants.
Or contact me,